West Hartford, CT
West Hartford, CT
We are proud to feature a diverse selection of high-quality eyeglass frames and the latest in lenses to ensure your vision is sharp and you look your best! Shopping for eyeglasses can feel overwhelming, but our qualified eyewear specialists at SIGHT in West Hartford will help you find the eyeglasses to suit your style, face shape, visual needs, and budget.
In addition to eyeglasses, we also offer an array of prescription sunglasses. Sunglasses offer UV ray protection and make it easy to enjoy outdoor activities and driving while still having clear vision!
We’ve carefully curated and fully vetted our lines of independent handcrafted eyewear to meet our high standards and yours. Each collection we carry features unique materials, innovative designs, and artisan crafting. We’re proud of the personal relationships we’ve developed with the people behind the brands. They mean we have access to the latest styles and the best in customer service. While we match you with your perfect frames, we’ll happily share each line’s brand story.
Our eyeglasses collection offers a variety of frames to suit different face shapes and personalities. We also offer frames made from a range of materials to cater to your preferences. If you are unsure of the best style for your face shape and lifestyle, one of our eyewear specialists will be happy to offer guidance as you make your selection.
Eyeglass lenses and lens treatments should help you see clearly in all facets of your life, including driving, working at a computer, reading, playing sports, and more. We have a wide range of lens options, including progressive lenses, bifocal lenses, and single vision lenses. Our lenses are made of high-quality materials that offer optimal clarity and comfort.
Our eyewear specialists will ask what you do for a living, whether you commute, and what your hobbies are so they can recommend lens options tailored to your specific needs and lifestyle. Our lenses can be treated for additional benefits that promote visual comfort, such as UV-blocking treatments, photochromic treatments, anti-scratch coatings, and anti-glare coatings.
Whether or not you need vision correction, sunglasses are important for everyone to wear. Not only do they protect you from damaging UV rays, but they also allow you to see clearly when driving, playing sports, or engaging in any sort of outdoor activity.
We offer premium sunglasses from leading brands. Both non-prescription and prescription sunglasses are available to protect your eyes from UV radiation.
Benefits of prescription sunglasses
People who need eyeglasses for vision correction should also have at least one pair of prescription sunglasses. We’re sharing the biggest benefits of wearing prescription sunglasses to help you decide if they are right for you.
- Safety: sunglasses protect your eyes from high winds, dust, sand, and other airborne debris that can irritate your eyes and damage your cornea. Prescription sunglasses also reduce glare and enable you to see clearly when driving, riding a bike, or doing other activities that require clear vision.
- Protection from harmful UV rays: exposure to UV light raises your risk of eye diseases and other problems, including cataracts, photokeratitis, macular degeneration, melanoma, and pterygium. Quality prescription sunglasses offer protection from UV radiation, reducing your risk of developing eye health and vision problems caused by UV exposure.
- Reduced eye strain and fewer headaches: exposure to blue light can cause eye strain and headaches, and sunlight is mostly blue light. SIGHT offers prescription sunglasses that block 100% of UV and solar blue light when outdoors.
- Experience improved dark adaptation: sunglasses improve your vision by blocking UV rays and reducing glare throughout the day. Additionally, wearing high-quality polarized sunglasses can also help reduce night vision loss.
- Enjoy your outdoor adventures: prescription sunglasses also help enhance outdoor experiences by providing a greater level of clarity than non-prescription options. With clear vision comes greater confidence when engaging in outdoor activities like hiking or playing sports, so you may want to consider wearing prescription sunglasses if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
Visit SIGHT for Eyeglasses & Sunglasses
At SIGHT, we understand that finding the perfect pair of eyeglasses is an important decision that should not be taken lightly. That’s why our team of eyewear specialists will take the time to educate you on the different types of eyewear materials and styles available so that you can make an informed decision when shopping for new glasses!
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you choose the best eyewear for your needs.